Portland doom quartet USNEA will kick off a North American tour this fall. Set to commence September 9th in Boston, Massachusetts and concludes September 21st in Washington D.C, the near two-week run includes two dates with Monolord as well as a performance at Basilica Soundscape. A full list of tour dates is available below.
USNEA continues to tour in support of their Portals Into Futility full-length released via Relapse Records. Inspired by dystopian science-fiction and the painful intersection of today’s crushing reality, Portals Into Futility is five songs and fifty-six minutes of expertly crafted and elegantly depressive doom/sludge. With an evolved sound of strength and dynamism, USNEA delve more into the worlds of dissonant death metal, varied vocal structures, and cinematic composition, all while maintaining the monumental heaviness, brutality, discord, anger, and mournful melodicism of their previous work. Across dark and brooding peaks and valleys, USNEA remind us that no matter how many doors are opened to the human species, our self-aggrandizement and hubris all lead to futility.
- 9/09/2018 O’Brien’s – Boston, MA
- 9/10/2018 Saint Vitus – Brooklyn, NY w/ Monolord
- 9/11/2018 Kung Fu Necktie – Philadelphia, PA w/ Monolord
- 9/12/2018 Meat Locker – Montclair, NJ
- 9/14/2018 Basilica Soundscape – Hudson, NY
- 9/15/2018 Casa de Popolo – Montreal, QC
- 9/16/2018 Coalition – Toronto, ON
- 9/17/2018 Spark Art Space – Syracuse, NY
- 9/18/2018 Northside Tavern – Cincinnati, OH
- 9/19/2018 Brillobox – Pittsburgh, PA
- 9/20/2018 Strange Matter – Richmond, VA
- 9/21/2018 Atlas Brew Works – Washington, DC