Space-doomers AWOOGA have announced a European tour with Amplifier. The Sheffield trio are touring in support of their debut full-length, Conduit, set for release on 20 April via Rockosmos.
- Netherlands – Fri 4 May – Helmond The Cacaofabriek
- Germany – Sun 6 May – Dresden Beatpol
- Germany – Mon 7 May – Berlin Musik Und Frieden
- Germany – Tues 8 May – Osnabruck – Kleine Freiheit
- Germany – Thurs 10 May – Aschaffenburg ColosSaal
- Switzerland – Fri 11 May – Luzern – Konzerthaus Schüür
- Germany – Sun 13 May – Munich Orangehouse
- Germany – Mon 14 May – Stuttgart Kellar Klub
- Germany – Tues 15 May – Koln Luxor
- Germany – Weds 16 May – Hamburg Knust
- Netherlands – Thurs 17 May – Boerderij, Zoetermeer
- UK – Sun 27 May – Bristol Exchange
A culmination of a year’s work resulting in a deep, heavy, tranquil and visceral record, Conduit is set to establish AWOOGA as one of the UK’s most exciting and unique acts in 2018.
Following on from 2016’s debut Alpha EP, AWOOGA have further explored the boundaries of dismal sludge and euphoric space to create something that that is very much their own. Conduit is a vast soundscape that fills nearly every wave-length, touches on every emotion. It flows, it confuses, it’s conflicted and it’s beautiful. It is AWOOGA. Inspiration from Frank Zappa, Alice in Chains and Tool is immediately apparent, AWOOGA also give a nod to Miles Davis, who was a champion of musical diversity and one of the world’s greatest artists.
AWOOGA have performed at festivals such as Crooked Ways, Tramlines festival supporting Anathema and KAYA festival with Asian Dub Foundation, an impressive feat for a band with only one EP released. This year will see them tour far and wide with many more headline and festival dates to follow.