Scottish singer, songwriter and ex-Marillion frontman FISH will be performing the classic 1987 Marillion album, Clutching At Straws in full for the very last time on a string of headline dates this autumn across the UK. That album cemented Marillion’s reputation as one of the greatest British rock bands of the 80’s, featuring the huge tracks ‘Incommunicado’, ‘Sugar Mice’, ‘White Russian’ and ‘Warm Wet Circles’ and saw them play arenas worldwide
This tour, originally billed as a double-header to include tracks from next year’s forthcoming album Weltschmerz, will now concentrate fully on Clutching At Straws with a string of other well-known tracks from throughout FISH’s long career. The live premiere of songs from Weltschmerz will instead take place in 2018, ahead of its launch later in the year.
The demand for tickets to experience the final performances of Clutching At Straws means many shows have sold out and new dates, including a third show in London, have been added.
UK TOUR DECEMBER 2017
- Fri 8th – Leeds, University
- Sat 9th – Manchester, O2 Ritz SOLD OUT
- Sun 10th – Leamington, Assembly
- Tue 12th – Cardiff, Tramshed
- Wed 13th – Bristol, O2 Academy
- Fri 15th – London, Islington Assembly Rooms SOLD OUT
- Sat 16th – London, Islington Assembly Rooms SOLD OUT
- Sun 17th – London, Islington Assembly Rooms
- Tue 19th – Cambridge, Corn Exchange
- Wed 20th – Newcastle, Wylam Brewery
- Thurs 21st – Glasgow O2 ABC SOLD OUT
Fish has also announced that the classic 1994 album Suits and 1993’s Songs from the Mirror are being remastered and will be available to purchase shortly. Both releases come in a 3-disc package with Songs From The Mirror including a DVD documentary with rare live footage. The releases will have hardback covers with over 12,000 words of sleeve notes plus artwork and photos compiled by Mark Wilkinson.