Following the massively successful global tour of 2016-17 in support of their 16th studio album The Book Of Souls, IRON MAIDEN will take to the road again in 2018 with a series of arena and festival shows in Europe on the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour opening in Tallinn, Estonia on May 26 and finishing at the O2 Arena, London on August 10. The full list of dates is below and the tour is expected to continue in 2019.
The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.
Maiden manager Rod Smallwood explains further,
“As our fans know, we’ve been following a particular touring cycle ever since Bruce and Adrian re-joined Maiden at the start of the millennium, alternating new album tours with “History/Hits” tours. We enjoy working this way for many reasons, not least because it gives the band a chance to play both new material and the older favourites which we know fans like to hear. It keeps things fresh, not just for the fans but for the band too.
“For this History/Hits tour we decided to base the theme around the Legacy Of The Beast name, which suits our purposes perfectly by giving us scope to get creative and have some fun, especially with Eddie! I don’t want to give too much away at the moment but we’re working on a number of different stage sets, all in keeping with the Maiden tradition and we hope to give our fans a fantastic experience when they come to see this very special show.”
Killswitch Engage will be Maiden’s Special Guest on headline European shows from May 26 to July 1 inclusive, and in the UK from July 31 to Aug 10 inclusive. Guests on other shows are currently being finalised and will be announced soon.
Most shows go on sale Friday 24th November. As always, there will be an exclusive presale for Fan Club members, starting Monday 20th. Full on-sale and pre-sale details will be added shortly.
02 Priority pre-sale starts on the morning of November 22nd, 2017 at 9am.
Legacy Of The Beast 2018 Tour Dates:
- 26 Saku Arena, Tallinn, ESTONIA *
- 28 Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, FINLAND *
- 01 Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, SWEDEN *
- 03 Dahls Arena, Trondheim Rocks, NORWAY
- 05 Royal Arena, Copenhagen, DENMARK *
- 07 Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg, SWEDEN
- 09 Rockavaria, Königsplatz, Munich, GERMANY
- 10 Expo Plaza, Hannover, GERMANY *
- 13 Waldbuhne, Berlin, GERMANY *
- 16 Firenze Rocks, ITALY
- 17 Novarock Festival, Nickelsdorf, AUSTRIA
- 20 Letnany Airport, Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC *
- 22 Graspop, Dessel, BELGIUM
- 24 Hellfest, Clisson, FRANCE
- 26 Geneva Arena, Geneva, SWITZERLAND *
- 28 Volt Festival, Sopron, HUNGARY
- 30 Messegelaende, Freiburg, GERMANY *
- 01 Gelredome, Arnhem, HOLLAND *
- 05 AccorsHotel Arena, Paris, FRANCE
- 09 San Siro Ippodromo, Milan, ITALY
- 10 Hallenstadion, Zurich, SWITZERLAND
- 13 Altice Arena, Lisbon, PORTUGAL
- 14 Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Madrid, SPAIN
- 17 Piazza DellÃ Unita D’Italia, Trieste, ITALY
- 20 Rockwave Festival, Athens, GREECE
- 22 Hills Of Rock, Plovdiv, BULGARIA
- 24 Zagreb arena, Zagreb, CROATIA
- 27 Tauron Arena, Krakow, POLAND
- 31 Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, ENGLAND *
- 02 SSE Arena, Belfast, NORTHERN IRELAND *
- 04 Exhibition & Conference Centre, Aberdeen, SCOTLAND *
- 06 Manchester Arena, Manchester, ENGLAND *
- 07 Genting arena, Birmingham, ENGLAND *
- 10 O2 Arena, London, ENGLAND *
(No further countries will be added to this touring schedule)
British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden have announced that they are releasing a double live album to coincide with their recent Book of Souls album and tour. The record features well known oldies like Fear of the Dark, Number of the Beast and Wasted Years as well as a lot of brand new material. The album is being released worldwide by Warner Music and BMG on November 17th
The album will replicate ‘The Book Of Souls’ original formats and be issued as a limited edition deluxe 2 CD hardcase Book, a regular 2CD album, a triple black vinyl LP, and digital download in high resolution audio (48khz/24 bit) including Mastered for iTunes (MFiT) version. A digital download of the concert film will also be available to purchase following its free online premiere.
Purchase the album:
Deluxe CD: http://amzn.to/2hiODlg
Produced by Tony Newton and Iron Maiden founder member and bass player Steve Harris, the album is based on this year’s set list and is a faithful record of the epic show, including six songs from ‘The Book Of Souls’, the band’s most recent studio album, along with many other classics and fan favourites.
Steve comments, “We spent a huge amount of time working on this as I wanted to get it as close to the Maiden live experience as I possibly could and to represent our fans from different parts of the world. This meant listening to literally hours upon hours of tapes from every show, to select material and construct a sound that would run consistently across the whole album and capture the excitement of a new country like El Salvador alongside such regular favourites as Donington or Wacken.”
Maiden manager Rod Smallwood adds, “‘The Book Of Souls World Tour’ was a huge undertaking, not least for Bruce who started the tour singing in public for the very first time since recovering from throat cancer. He also piloted Ed-Force One, upgraded last year from a Boeing 757 to a 747 so we could go further and faster to visit some fantastic cities and fans all round the world. This year continued that excitement bringing us our most successful North American and UK tours ever. It was a very special tour in a great many ways so we felt we wanted to document it for both ourselves and for our fans. Steve has done an incredible job putting together this set from cities around the world and we’ve made sure the deluxe CD will be available in a matching book format to ‘The Book of Souls’ release.
“On top of all that the release will be celebrated by an event that is a Maiden first: a free live streaming premiere of the concert film, as a thank you to our loyal fans around the world. We hope that the global Maiden community will all enjoy coming together to watch this special event online. Many of you will be in it as there is footage from a whole host of the places we played on this momentous tour. ”
Iron Maiden The Book of Souls: Live Chapter Track List:
- If Eternity Should Fail (Live at Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Australia – Friday 6th May 2016)
- Speed of Light (Live at Grandwest Arena, Cape Town, South Africa – Wednesday 18th May 2016)
- Wrathchild (Live at 3 Arena, Dublin, Ireland – Saturday 6th May 2017)
- Children of the Damned (Live at Bell Center, Montreal, Canada – Friday 1st April 2016)
- Death or Glory (Live at Wroclaw Stadium, Wroclaw, Poland – Sunday 3rd July 2016)
- The Red and the Black (Live at Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan – Thursday 21st April 2016)
- The Trooper (Live at Estadio Jorge Magico Gonzalez, San Salvador, El Salvador – Sunday 6th March 2016)
- Powerslave (Live at Plaza Dell’Unita D’Italia, Trieste, Italy – Tuesday 26th July 2016)
- The Great Unknown (Live at MRA Arena, Newcastle, England – Sunday 14th May 2017)
- The Book of Souls (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England – Sunday 12th June 2016)
- Fear of the Dark (Live at Arena Castelao, Fortaleza, Brazil – Thursday 24th March 2016)
- Iron Maiden (Live at Estadio Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina – Tuesday 15th March 2016)
- The Number of the Beast (Live at Open Air Festival, Wacken, Germany – Thursday 4th August 2016)
- Blood Brothers (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England – Sunday 12th June 2016)
- Wasted Years (Live at HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil – Thursday 17th March 2016)