Writing tunes about space travel, doomed seafarers and a sentient android hellbent for a camel killing death crusade, Nashville’s HOWLING GIANT shared last August part one of their three part “Black Hole Space Wizard” concept record series. A year later, the nerd power trio returns with part two of the adventure set for release on August 25th. Playing self-indulgent, drop-tuned, fuzzed out riffs “Black Hole Space Wizard: Part 2” is again produced by the band, mixed by Kim Wheeler and mastered by Chris Fasco. The EP features six cosmic progressive travels of ‘The Pioneer’ continuing his quest for self-discovery and purpose on the husk planet, Earth.
Hopefully for our returning fans, it is accepted with open arms and an open mind. As Part 2 of the 3 piece saga, this EP was meant to focus on the travels and trials of The Pioneer, protagonist, and last of mankind. The music reflects his growth and self discovery on a post-apocalyptic planet Earth. To new fans/fresh ears, we’d like to invite them into the Black Hole Space Wizard universe through fat stomping riffs, spacey grooves, accessible vocal melody and juicy, pulpy sci-fi madness. We always try to refine our song writing and take one step into new territory with each release, pulling stylistically from whatever inspires us in the moment. Our recorded music is our best interpretation of the sounds we hear in our heads, and our goal is to make our sonic visions clearer with each release.” says drummer Zach Wheeler.
- Sept 9 – Nashville, TN – Springwater Supper Club
- Sept 13 – Indianapolis, IN – Melody Inn
- Sept 14 – Ft. Wayne, IN – Skeletunes Lounge
- Sept 15 – Detroit, MI – PJ’s Lager House
- Sept 16 – Dayton, OH – Blind Bob’s
- Sept 17 – Cleveland, OH – Now That’s Class
- Sept 19 – Buffalo, NY – Mohawk Place
- Sept 21 – Charlottesville, VA – Ante Room
- Sept 23 – Wilmington, NC – Reggies 42nd St Tavern
- Sept 24 – Charlotte, NC – The Milestone