More Prince release news has leaked and this time it is the track list for the second and third disc of the highly anticipated Purple Rain deluxe edition box-set.
The new box-set which is suppose to be dropping on June 9th not only features two live performances but an extra two discs of “new” material which features unreleased material, new duets, extended versions and single edits.
The track list was leaked on a Facebook page The Violet Reality by a person who caught word that the tracks had been registered and did Prince fans a service by hunting down the ISRC codes. There has yet to be any confirmation by Warner Bros.
Disc 2: Edits & extended mixes
- When Doves Cry (7” single edit)
- 17 Days (single edit)
- Let’s Go Crazy (single edit)
- Erotic City (single edit)
- Purple Rain (single edit)
- God (single edit)
- God (Love Theme From Purple Rain) (instrumental)
- Another Lonely Christmas (single edit)
- I Would Die 4 U (single edit)
- Baby I’m a Star (single edit)
- Take Me With U (single edit)
- Erotic City (extended version)
- Another Lonely Christmas (extended version)
- I Would Die 4 U (extended version)
Disc 3: From the Vault
- The Dance Electric (11:29) bandmate Andre Cymone)
- Love and Sex (5:00)
- Computer Blue (“Hallway Speech” version) (12:18)
- Velvet Kitty Cat (2:32)
- Katrina’s Paper Dolls (3:30)
- We Can F— (10:17)
- Electric Intercourse (studio version) (4:57)
- Our Destiny / Roadhouse Garden (6:25)
- Possessed (7:56)
- Wonderful A— (6:24)
- Father’s Song (5:30)
“The Dance Electric” was recorded by former Prince bandmate Andre Cymone and was occasionally performed live by Prince.
“We Can F—” was released by Prince on the 1990 “Graffiti Bridge” soundtrack (and featured George Clinton; multiple different bootleg versions of the song have circulated on bootlegs.
“Electric Intercourse” is a ballad that was bumped from the original album in favor of “The Beautiful Ones,” which is similar in feel. Two different live versions have circulated on bootlegs.
“Our Destiny” was performed live at least once in 1984.
“Possessed,” supposedly inspired by a James Brown concert, was performed frequently on the 1984-85 “Purple Rain” tour.
“Wonderful A—,” a duet with Wendy and Lisa, has long circulated on bootlegs.
“Father’s Song” appears as incidental music in the “Purple Rain” film and constitutes the middle section of “Computer Blue” — it was co-written by Prince with his father, John Nelson.